Cat5e cable, also known as Category 5e cable, is a type of twisted pair cable commonly used for Ethernet network connections. It is an enhanced version of the original Cat5 cable and provides improved performance and higher data transmission speeds. This cable is 25 feet long.
Here are some key features and specifications of Cat5e cable:
- Data Transmission: Cat5e supports data transmission rates of up to 1 gigabit per second (Gbps) over a maximum distance of 100 meters (328 feet). It is suitable for most Ethernet applications, including Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps) and Gigabit Ethernet (1000 Mbps).
- Twisted Pair Design: Cat5e cable consists of four pairs of twisted copper wires. The twisting helps reduce crosstalk and electromagnetic interference, enhancing the cable’s performance and signal integrity.
- RJ-45 Connectors: Cat5e cables use RJ-45 connectors, which are standard connectors for Ethernet connections. These connectors have eight pins and are compatible with Ethernet ports found on computers, routers, switches, and other network devices.
- Backward Compatibility: Cat5e cables are backward compatible with older Cat5 cables. You can use Cat5e cables in place of Cat5 cables to achieve better performance and faster data transmission.
- Applications: Cat5e cables are widely used in both residential and commercial environments for various networking applications, including home networks, office networks, data centers, and telecommunications infrastructure.