With each new year comes new innovations, including advances in technology. Many of the new technology trends below are an ongoing evolution of existing tech. Review the trends below to determine which will help you evolve, safeguard, and optimize your business.
New Technology Trends will include – Responsible AI
Many companies have incorporated artificial intelligence for everything from chatbots to advanced data and analytics, and how they segment and market to their consumers. While AI is here to stay, companies are feeling the added pressure to be responsible. Social media whistleblowers have highlighted the risks of irresponsible AI, and companies across every industry are taking notice. They are rethinking their current AI and upcoming AI projects and products to ensure their approach is ethical and respectful.
Although there are downsides to irresponsible AI, the potential of responsible AI is too hard to ignore. Companies can create an AI policy, put checks and balances in place, and work with a non-biased outside risk consultant to ensure their AI is responsible.
Custom Curated Clouds, Edge Computing, And Quantum Computing
Cloud computing is certainly nothing new, but with many companies adopting ongoing work from home business models—standard clouds no longer cut it. Many companies are having fully curated private clouds developed or hybrid clouds that maintain a mix of digital and live servers. This includes clouds that are combined with the growing trends of edge computing and quantum computing.
Data is the lifeblood of every business. With edge computing accessing data is lightning speed, and downtimes and fixes are easier to address. Quantum computing accelerates the rate at which your algorithms and workflows complete their complex processes and calculations for truly real-time data, analytics, and computer processing.
Private and curated clouds:
- Increase security by over 90 percent
- Optimize storage
- Automate workflow
- Ensure easy remote access
- Gather advanced data and analytics
- Open the door for additional digital products
- Minimize downtime and data delays
- And more
This is one of the most exciting new technology trends of 2022! While TV and movies have long speculated what a virtual reality meeting might look like, the metaverse is now a reality. While we’ve been Zooming since the pandemic began there are some presentations that will have more impact in an interactive setting. With pandemic travel restrictions still in place, business travel hasn’t fully returned. Many believe it may never return to what it once was. This has accelerated the development of the metaverse to provide immersive virtual and live meetings.
This could include:
- A holograph of yourself giving a presentation or sitting at a conference table.
- A 360-degree immersive tour of a new building, hotel, or event space.
- Projecting micro, mid-sized, or full-scale 4D renderings of products.
- Immersive training experience that provides hands-on learning.
- And more!
In addition to professional applications, the metaverse is an exciting new way to game, virtually watch concerts, go on tours, and “sit” in live sports arenas.
Although not particularly new, this semi new technology trends called Digital currencies remain controversial, but an increasing number of industries and individual businesses are them as payment. El Salvador has even authorized Bitcoin as a legal currency. The country’s Bitcoin success may set the stage for more countries to follow suit.
An increasing number of cryptocurrencies are releasing prepaid debit cards (both Visa and MasterCard) that can be preloaded with cryptocurrency that automatically converts to the local currency. This way users can spend their funds anywhere they like or head to an ATM for cash withdrawal. As a global currency that does not vary from one country to the next like traditional currency, the exchange rate of crypto isn’t always attractive.
Light emitting diodes (LEDs) are increasingly diverse and continue to be incorporated into new technology trends. LEDs aren’t always used for light, but regardless of their use, they are energy efficient, have long lifespans, and don’t get hot to the touch.
Here are some of the LED trends we are most excited about:
- The ongoing advances in smart LED lighting provide a mix of function and décor. Control your lights at home or remotely by turning them on and off, adjusting brightness, and even changing the color.
- Mini and micro-LEDs are being used for everything from clothing and accessories to safety lighting, wireless lighting, decorative phone cases, lifelike imagery, art, displays, and more.
- The need for compact, lightweight, and bright wireless lighting is on the rise, and LEDs deliver. This includes rechargeable, battery-operated, and solar-powered products. Wireless lights are used for display cases, popup and temporary events, wall sconces, safety lighting, outdoor excursions, and more.
- Standard, HD, and interactive LED signs can be used for everything from ads to promotions, communication, art displays, virtual tours, presentations, general signage, and more. Businesses across every industry are upgrading their interior and exterior signage to digital alternatives that stand out and are easy to read from a distance.
Robotics will continue to be new technology trends for every year. Robotics are increasingly popular in factory settings, but a new generation of robotic-assisted surgical products is being tested around the world. The industry has rapidly grown into a $16 billion industry. Robotic arms are controlled by physicians. The physician may perform some or most of the surgery, but the robotic arm can complete the complex or advanced procedures.
For example, removing a polyp in a colon used to require an invasive surgery. Now many polyps can be removed with a scope that has a miniature robotic arm that can remove the polyp without surgery. The surgeon operates the scope and robotic arm, but the arm removes the polyp.
Medical robotics can:
- Improve the field of vision during complex surgeries
- Improve precision
- Improve speed and efficiency
- Minimize the risk of infection
- Minimize human surgical error
- Minimize the risk for malpractice suits
- And more
Which New Technology Trends Appeal To You Most?
All of the new technology trends for 2022 require a tech expert to implement in your business. If you are interested in investing in or upgrading your current LED signs, we invite you to reach out to Mega LED Technology. We build our signs from scratch to ensure they achieve your objectives. Reach out today to learn more!