As you and your team discuss ways to upgrade your technology, improve communications, and expand your cross-channel marketing, LED signage is sure to be part of the conversation. LED signage are a must have for any business in any stage, so here are a few statistics to help you make your decision.
1. LED Signage Captures 400 Percent More Views
Posters and other printed POP are easy to walk past without notice, but LED signage is bright, vibrant, and visually engaging. Even so, printed signs boost sales on their featured products and promotions. But with 400 percent more views than static displays, your LED Signage upgrades will help this number skyrocket. The average business generates a 33% increase in sales after going digital, with most of those purchases being above and beyond what consumers had initially planned on purchasing.
2. Customer Recall Rate Is 83%
Only about 50 percent of those who view or read your printed POP (point of purchase) will recall what it is they just saw and read. This number jumps up to 83 percent retention when speaking of LED signage, and remains at 65 percent 3 days later. Don’t forget, with digital you aren’t limited to just one sign. You can create a motion image, mini-video clip, or alternate between a variety of signs—including a mix of promotions and communication advertisements.
The average attention span is between 3 to 8 seconds, so be mindful of how quickly you rotate between images. It needs to be long enough to absorb the message, but the text and imagery needs to be able to deliver the message in the time it takes for someone to walk or drive by.
3. Reduce Both Real And Perceived Wait Times
Informative signs that answer the most frequently asked questions can reduce real-life wait times by up to 15 seconds per person. It might not sound like much but when you have a long line, it can go a long way in improving the consumer experience and keeping your lines small. If applicable, you can further minimize wait times with a mobile POS.
Whether engaging or informative, LED signage gives consumers something to do while they wait. So, even if your sign doesn’t decrease wait time, consumers are occupied and feel as though they have waited 35 percent less time than they really have. In our constantly connected and always on-the-go lifestyle this is of great value to the clients you serve.
4. Visuals – like LED signage get 94% Of Views
Your digital displays may feature a similar text-light promotion as your print campaign, which is certainly the way to go. Statistics show that 90 percent of the information translated by the brain (both consciously and subconsciously) is visual. Combine that with the fact that the brain takes just 13 milliseconds to identify an image and that visuals receive 94% more views than text, and text-light should always be part of your strategy. With the size and scale of digital signs, you might be tempted to add more text, but it’s not effective. Again, you may rotate between FAQs, directions, local fun facts, safety information, and more—but when it comes to your promotions, keep text to a minimum.
5. LED Signage Can Be Pre-scheduled
While you can rotate between a variety of signs, don’t feel as though you must. Or rotate between supportive promotions. For example, if your restaurant is featuring a seasonal fruit such as raspberries you could alternate between your raspberry cocktail, raspberry lemonade, and raspberry dessert.
Also, take advantage of your ability to pre-schedule your messages. Restaurants are an ideal example, as you can schedule different promotions for breakfast, lunch, Happy Hour, and dinner. The design and branding of your pre-scheduled messages must be cohesive, but it will speak more to the consumer’s daily preference. While this means you must have more digital signs designed, there is no printing cost and no need to physically swap out your signs. Just schedule in your intuitive software and your sign will do the rest.
6. Ad Spot Placement Is Essential
Not all digital signs are utilized for promotions, but if sales are the goal be strategic in your placement. Currently, the best places to reach consumers are in grocery stores (28%), shopping malls (27%), retail stores 20%), and medical offices (20%). Not to worry if your business doesn’t fall into one of these categories, as you can purchase digital display ad spots. For example, an ad for your church, school, or hotel at the grocery store. Your on-site signs may also share promotions but they can speak more directly to your target audience For example, welcoming and engaging with your congregation, students, guests, and employees.
7. Engage And Inform Your Employees
LED signage can be ordered in a variety of sizes to be placed strategically throughout your place of business to inform and engage your employees. Maybe in the break room, kitchen, or at the entrance of access-only areas. Here are just a few ways your signs can improve your internal communication.
- Every company puts together its Mission, Values, and Vision, unfortunately only 47 percent of employees know what they are. Rotate them in on your sign for retention, alignment, and inspiration.
- Employees who feel appreciated are 60 percent more likely to be productive. So, feature your employee of the month, celebrate the accomplishments of individuals and teams, celebrate annual anniversaries, share company photos, and more.
- Even with memos and emails, there is always information that falls through the cracks. Be strategic and create short but informative memos and reminders designed to optimize areas of opportunity. This boost in internal communication can result in up to 25 percent increased productivity.
- Whether it’s how to operate a machine, your current COVID-19 protocols, industry-specific guidelines, or any other safety system—visualize the standards and procedures on a digital sign. This can include video clips to walk your team through the steps.
As you can see, the statistics are impressive! If you would like to learn more about having a custom LED sign designed we invite you to reach out to Mega LED Technology today.