Our Versa scrolling signs are one of our best sellers. These are the scrolling text signs you see in gas station windows, and convenience store windows. They are also popular for hotel signs to highlight vacancies and amenities, to make businesses in strip malls stand out, and to share timed communication on school and church signs. Countless businesses hang these signs in their windows, business interiors, or on larger outdoor signs. Here’s how to make the most of your scrolling signs, and digital signs with LED sign animations.
LED Sign Animations Come Standard
No design skills are required as over 300 stored images and LED sign animations come standard with scrolling signs. Don’t think you’ll have a need for animations? LED Sign Animations are similar to emoji choices, but a bit more elevated. Focus heavily on seasonal themes and standard graphics. For example:
- Leaves or acorns for fall
- Pumpkins or skulls for Halloween
- Hearts for Valentine’s day
- Christmas trees or Santa for Christmas
- Bells or champagne flutes for New Years
- Flag, stars, or fireworks for the Independence Day
- A beer mug to announce bar specials
- Vehicles or vehicle logos for your car dealership
- Scissors for your barbershop
- Arrows for direction and calls to action
- A telephone placed before your phone number
- An envelope before your email address
- And much more!
LED Sign animations – Don’t Forget Character Functions
In addition to selecting fun graphics, don’t forget the 35+ character functions. This includes a variety of different fonts. The fonts that work best will vary depending on the size of your sign and its viewing range. For example, chunky fonts are best for smaller signs but can overpower larger signs. On the flipside, thinner fonts can be difficult to read on smaller signs but very easy to read on larger signs.
Some fonts play with negative space by creating a colored background where the black screen becomes the lettering.
Consider Effects Instead Of Scrolling Text
Your sign text can scroll, but that doesn’t mean all of your messages need to scroll. For example, you may want to post a static message to announce your current BOGO. Capture attention not only with fonts and LED sign animations, but with special effects.
- Text that flashes on and off
- Text that spells out one letter at a time
- Effects that look like rainfall in the background
- Text that grows from small to large
- Text that tilts from one side to the other
- And more!
Multi-Color Signs Optimize Impact
Scrolling signs can be highly effective in a single color, such as red, green, blue, or white. However, you can order your new sign in single, tri, or full color. The more colors you add, the higher the cost.
Not to worry if full color isn’t in the budget as a single or tricolor sign will attract attention. By upgrading to tricolor, you can make your messaging stand out with contrasting backgrounds and text colors. Yes, you will always have the black of the sign to contrast with, but tricolor provides more options.
- White background with red text
- Writing each letter in alternating colors
- Writing each message in a different color
- Creating color blocks on the screen
- And more!
Consider Double Lines Of Text
Signs with full HD capabilities can have ads and promotions uploaded that feature as many lines of text as you like. However, you can also order non-HD signs with double lines of text to increase your messaging capabilities.
Our Versa signs are the only signs that we offer in a variety of ready-made sizes and standard color combinations. These small signs plug into a standard socket and can be quickly and easily mounted in your window or on your wall. Small signs can be viewed from 1 to 2 blocks away.
However, we can build your sign to your precise specs. This includes customizations such as:
- Single, tri, or full color
- Designing your sign in any square or rectangular size
- Exterior signs that can function fully in extreme heat or cold
- A variety of pixel sizes for your desired viewing distance
- Standard text, special effects, and LED sign animations
- Full HD capabilities to display text, images, and video
- Single or double lines of text without the need for graphic design
- Custom pole mount, pedestal, brick base, or decorative mount
- Standard black or decorative colored frame for exterior signs
Programming Your Sign
As you can see there are a variety of ways to make a text-only sign stand out. This may leave you wondering how difficult it will be to program your new sign. Not to worry, as it couldn’t be easier!
Small standards signs come with a remote keyboard that you or your staff can use to program new text and animations. Reprogramming is intuitive and only takes a few tries for most to master.
Larger and more advanced signs come with software that empowers you to upload designed graphics, preschedule messaging, and alternate a variety of messages. This allows you to personalize and hyper-target communication.
For example, your school can post a reminder of when the football game starts tonight in the morning and afternoon. In the evening before the game starts you can schedule a “Welcome” message for viewers and the visiting team. Once the game is over, you can post a congratulatory sendoff message for the winning team.
Whether standard or HD, your messaging can be updated in real-time.
Not Sure What Kind Of Sign To Order?
Now that you understand how versatile scrolling signs are, you may be wondering about digital sign capabilities beyond LED sign animations. Some businesses order a variety of signs so that they can post digital logos and full HD images and video.
If you aren’t sure what type of sign will best meet your needs, we invite you to reach out to Mega LED Signs. We will talk you through your signage options and advise on the best solutions to achieve your objectives. In the meantime, you can view our industry-specific gallery for inspiration.