Between the growing range of boutique hotels and cost-effective vacation rentals, hotels have never had more competition. One of the many ways hotels can stand out from the competition is to leverage advanced technology. Almost every hotel utilizes a combination of LED message displays, mobile apps, beacon technology, machine learning, and more. The benefits include everything from increased bookings to upsells, communications, and an improved guest experience.
Every modern hotel offers the ability to make reservations online through its website or third-party booking sites. There are a variety of strategies to increase bookings, the most recent of which is utilizing metasearch for real-time online price comparison. By determining what your local competitors are charging for their rooms, you can create a more competitive price point.
Sometimes this will be a last-minute price change or a date-specific price change. For example, many hotels will drop their prices the Wednesday before the upcoming weekend to drive more last-minute reservations. So, use metasearch to go just a bit lower than your competition. Or some metasearch sites offer “pay per stay” searches. This empowers you to determine how low you want to go during a set timeframe to generate more bookings.
As little as a $10 price difference per night can increase your bookings by up to 70%.
Proprietary Mobile App
After your guest books online, send an automated email encouraging them to download your proprietary app. Your app can provide countless features and functions. For example, schedule room service at a set time and be alerted when room service is on its way up to your room. Additional benefits include:
- Mobile check-in and checkout.
- Browsing hotel amenities.
- Ordering room service.
- Letting the hotel know your flight is delayed.
- Browsing hotel amenities.
- Personalized alerts.
- Appointment reminders.
- Checkout reminders.
- Controlling in-room temperature.
- And more!
Many of the bullet points listed above are made possible in combination with Bluetooth-enabled beacons (BLE). Once guests download your hotel app, you can strategically place BLE beacons throughout your grounds for a variety of benefits, including:
- Navigating guests to their room.
- Alerting guests to nearby amenities.
- Navigating guests to scheduled appointments within your hotel.
- Managing in-room energy efficiency such as turning off the lights when guests leave their rooms.
- Sending automated alerts of nearby amenities or personalized alerts per the guest’s current or past preferences.
- Upselling additional menu items or spa add-ons.
- And more!
LED Message Displays
LED message displays are increasingly popular for hotels, and can be utilized for everything from exterior signs to communication, navigation, safety, art, and more. Unlike static posters and signs, you can post a variety of prescheduled displays and you can update your sign in real-time. Below are some of the most popular ways to utilize LED message displays :
- Instead of LED-backlit logo signs, utilize an HD sign for a vibrant logo display.
- Layer a scrolling sign under your logo sign to share prices, vacancy, and amenities.
- Layer an HD sign under your logo sign to share ads, promotions, images, or a virtual tour.
- Add LED signs in your lobby to welcome and direct groups and events such as weddings or conferences.
- Add LED signs in strategic locations for conference and event guests.
- Utilize LED signs as art, promotions, and communication in your hotel, spa, or restaurant.
- Use a digital pricelist in your quick-serve areas such as your coffee shop.
- Add mobile or mounted displays to your conference rooms to improve presentations.
- Provide a video tour of your hotel, spa, and amenities.
- And more!
Personalized Guest Experiences
Some guests are looking for little more than a hotel with a few amenities they can use as needed including laundry, dining, spa services, gym, and pool. However, many guests are looking for a personalized stay.
A virtual concierge can be utilized to create the ultimate guest experience. Many hotels have specialty suites, co-working amenities, relaxation floors, eco-friendly floors, and other personalized amenities.
Offer the ability to create personalized packages virtually or with the help of a live concierge, which may also include transportation, excursions, and attractions. This is an excellent way to upsell and partner with local businesses, while increasing everyone’s profits.
MDU Internet Security
Guests need to be constantly connected, without the worry of their sensitive private or company data being breached on shared hotel Wi-Fi. Instead of providing all guests or guests in each section with a shared password, many hotels are transiting to multi-dwelling units (MDU) internet. This advanced IoT provides each guest with a personal password and a secure network. It also ensures constant connectivity anywhere in the hotel.
As an added benefit, devices connected to MDU can locate the devices in real-time. For example, if a guest left their phone in the gym, you could easily find it. Or to send all guests at the pool a direct message that the pool is closing in 30 minutes. The same message can be posted to the pool’s LED message displays.
Since we’re constantly connected, the combination of MDU and beacon technology can also help you track how guests use your hotel—which brings us to machine learning.
Machine learning provides hotels with invaluable data and insights that they can mine to improve the customer experience. From online and mobile search habits to tracking in-app search queries, identifying recent and annual trends, and more.
- If an increased number of guests search for seafood options in your mobile app, you can add more to your restaurant menu.
- If an increased number of prospects who don’t convert are looking for pet-friendly accommodations, you may be inspired to be more pet-friendly.
- If there’s an increased desire to order after hours room service, you may extent your room service hours.
- Gather the FAQs guests type into your website and mobile app to highlight what you aren’t properly communicating—and for insights into what guests want.
Looking To Add A Few New LED Message Displays To Your Hotel?
Mega LED Technology has designed digital signs for hotels and motels throughout the United States and Canada. Our signs are custom built to your precise specs in terms of size, display features, and the internal components required for indoor or outdoor placement. Let’s get started!