By now you may have seen some interesting ways that companies put LED Digital Signs to use. Some of the more common uses are to display messages to parents outside of a school. Inform church members of an upcoming event. The flashing LED lights of Vegas announces deals on buffets, while the next slide shows off their evening show special. These tried and true methods have already proven to increase their reach to the public by as much as 70%! It’s also no surprise that LED Digital Signs are the most effective form of marketing, even surpassing word of mouth in terms of effectiveness.
University Social Wall
A social wall, displayed on a Digital Sign is a great way for your students to connect and feel a part of their University. Its now easier than ever to connect an RSS feed to a digital sign that can basically be hung anywhere. With cell phones being in just about every pocket today, its easier than ever for new students to connect to their school, and feel a part of something.
Freshman new to the school, can engage via a question inquiring about what they hope to gain from their education, and the information can be shared on the RSS feed, students can then talk about the efficacy of their answers. WiFi login details can be displayed so that students can easily connect to their schools wi-fi. Office hours and other pertinent information can be cycled through the many Digital Signs found around campus.
The sky is the limit with what can be done with Digital LED signs in todays contemporary age!
Employee of the month LED Digital Signs
An employee of the month sign hung up in a warehouse, food packing facility, or tech company can be a great way to advance team building, and company culture. As a general rule some employee of the month programs tend to fall flat, and not pan out the way the company expects them to. Jealousy and unhealthy internal competition can come out of these.
However, for small settings, and divided by the area of a company can actually produce great results! For example, have several employee of the month programs based upon departments. An award for warehouse, office, and management produce better results than just one employee of the month program company-wide. Strategically selecting a phenomenal employee can see productivity increase amongst not only that employee but their close circle of friends as well.
Displaying new employees at the beginning of the month can give some employees something to look forward to, and adding a small prize (a 50$ gift card to amazon for example) can boost employee turnout, work ethic, and cut absenteeism!
School Content Ideas
We’ve all seen the large Digital signs outside of schools and universities but what about using Digital signs indoors as well? Some clever uses for signs indoors can include:
- Hang some signs in the foyer or outside of counseling to inform students about promotions going on for book buyback programs.
- Have digital signs in strategic high traffic areas instead of traditional maps to indicate how to wayfinding throughout the campus.
- Display promotions and deals for individual restaurants in the cafeteria area.
- Display important dates and deadlines for students and faculty throughout all interconnected LED Digital Signs.
- RSS feed showing information from your schools social media program.
Besides the traditional methods of conveying information to students parents and faculty, these helpful tips can really make your university or school stand out, and help every student succeed.
Though not yet mainstream, LED Digital ATM’s are in the works and are getting more and more advanced. It’s not much of a stretch to imagine cashless ATM’s in the near future. About 10 years ago, ATM’s had no Digital screens on them, they were all handled with push buttons. Its not an unsafe estimate to assume that in another 10 years time that ATM’s will be integrated to your phone, and banking can be done via your device to deposit, and withdraw money.
Imagine entering all your information on your phone before you even get to an ATM. That information will be stored via a query on your phone, and a swipe of your phone on an ATM reader will automatically fulfill that transaction. You could say withdraw 100$ for a date, while outside of a movie theater. In the future LED Digital signs will bring convenience and safety above all else.
Another very underutilized demographic for LED Digital Signs is in the Dentists office. In the future, Dentists will be able to display their patient information on mini digital screen, or iPads, on software that is robust and versatile. Patients will be able to look over their orthodontics history, and even delve into any problems on a device connected to the internet giving the patient unlimited power in choosing their next move in regards to their teeth health, and any potential procedures.
LED Digital Signs in the office can also display information on proper ways to brush, how to maintain good teeth health, and even offer games to play along on your phone as you wait in the waiting room!
We’ve already talked about some medical applications that Digital Signs can bring to the table in a previous article. Here are some other ways that hospitals and healthcare facilities can utilize Digital LED signs to make it easier for their patients and faculty even gyms!
- Let patients know their current wait time.
- Informative details about procedures and risks.
- How to keep your body active and healthy.
- Proper ways to exercise and stretch.
- Walk up self service LED Digital signs will eventually allow patients to schedule their next appointment.
- General map knowledge. Show your patients how to get to where they need to get to!
Imagine walking by a store in the mall. Static, old mannequins filling every window. Nothing catches your eye, nothing stands out. Nothing unlike LED digital sign boards that is. Now imagine walking down that same mall, and seeing a brightly lit, colorful Digital Sign displaying a 40% off sale in bold yellow and black. Chances are you will at least give it another cursory glance, if not your full attention. Getting a clients attention is half the battle, while the other half is convincing them that they want to purchase your product.
With LED Digital Signs for Retailers you can do the following:
- Show your stores special offers and sales.
- Entice customers with rewards programs, saving them 10-15% off when they sign up.
- Highlight new products and trends.
- Show them an RSS feed with influencers regular people wearing your product.
- Show customer feedback! Let everyone know how happy they are with purchasing from your store!
Gyms and Fitness Centers
Gyms and fitness centers are a very unutilized arena for LED digital sign boards. Signs can be used to display upcoming classes, highlight key employees, offer discounts and sales for protein shakes or fitness equipment, and various other endeavors. Offering customers 5% off for anything if they sign in with their social media account and scan a QR code, can be an effective way to boost sales quickly and effectively.
Lately, we’ve been noticing more Digital Signs in Gyms. I have signs offering promotions above the snack area, near where you check in. There’s a static display that shows the class schedule, making it much easier to notice. However there are more ways than this to engage your customers at the gym or at fitness centers.
- You can give tips on how to properly stretch.
- Show videos of gym goer success stories.
- Display your gyms classes and schedules, weeks in advance, giving participants ample time to commit to memory to try a new class out.
- Display lifestyle advice, such as ingenious new protein shake ideas.
- Offer your gym members a QR code to connect via Facebook, for updates, class schedules, and discounts sent straight to their feed.
We’ve all seen LED Digital signs just outside of Restaurants enticing customers to come in. Yet another underutilized form of advertising are restaurant LED signs that are indoors as well. Granted, LED Digital signs aren’t fitting for every situation. For example you don’t really want distractions in a find dining Italian restaurant, where the ambiance is focused on intimacy. However, having a indoor sign displaying current specials, for a sandwich shop, sushi stop, pho place, creamery cafeteria, pastry place, and burger building can add additional revenue and will pay for LED Digital Signs in no time at all.
Here are some examples of how to use Indoor Restaurant signs:
- Hang LED Digital Signs around your Italian or Greek restaurant displaying Mediterranean landscapes, transporting your customers back to a beautiful land.
- Display specials and promotions on Digital signs in a sandwich shop, burger joint, or pho bar, incentivizing patrons to try something they otherwise wouldn’t.
- Perhaps show a live kitchen cam, inviting your customers to see where their food is being prepped, and just how fresh it really is
- Display a breakfast, lunch, and Dinner menu, that changes with the time! (You could set your digital signs to display certain screens based on time intervals).
- Display essential nutritional information, and offer suggestions on plates for people looking to either lose weight, low carb, gluten free, or high protein meals!
LED Digital Signs for Churches
LED Digital signs for churches are amongst the most popular use of Digital Signs. The reason for this is that these signs convey a lot of information to parishioners before they even enter their place of worship. These signs usually display welcoming messages, bible verses, and meaningful day to day ways to live life to the fullest.
Here are some other ways that you can use these signs to attract, engage, and entice existing parishioners as well as potential news ones:
- Show the public your staff! Whether its the minister, pastor, or some of the other internal staff that make up the church, smiling friendly faces can do wonders to bolster moral, and excitement.
- Share weekly or daily bible verses and how they can apply to what’s happening in contemporary life.
- Offer to take a photo of new parishioners and feature that photo at your next service. What a welcome!
- Recognize and highlight VIP’s and donors to your organization, thank them kindly and warmly to encourage future donations.
These are just some of the ways LED Digital Signs can be used to further your business, church school, or any other organization. There are literally hundreds of unique and creative ways to use these signs, check out some of our other blog articles on the future of LED signs, where they’re headed, and how you can capitalize on them!