Digital Signage has always been essential for restaurants and retailers. For most, this means monthly or quarterly posters and printed signage to feature current products and promotions. While print continues to have its time and place, digital display solutions can rapidly increase your sales and ROI. Here are some of the top options to consider.
Why Upgrade To Digital?
Let’s first take a look at why Digital Display Solutions have become so popular.
- Unlike printed signs, you can alternate a variety of images.
- You can post text-only, images, and HD videos.
- Displays can be pre-scheduled or updated in real-time.
- Digital signs can be viewed from at least a block away.
- Vibrant LED screens increase engagement by 63%
Digital Menu & Sales Boards
HD posters, menu boards, and product sales boards feature your best-sellers and current promotions with lifelike clarity. LEDs are vibrant so the signage is impossible to miss. Unlike printed signs, you can alternate a variety of products. Signs can also be prescheduled to feature different promotions at designated times of the day.
For example, automatically switching your featured menu items during breakfast, brunch, lunch, happy hour, and dinner. Or alternating close-up images of your top upsells.
Interactive Self-Service Kiosks
Your options are endless with self-service kiosks, so determine what will be of greatest value to both your consumer and your employees. A few options to consider include:
- Self-checkout—purchasing movie tickets or ordering food without waiting in line.
- An interactive screen to browse a retailer’s inventory—such as typing in “blue women’s tank top size medium”.
- Placing online orders—ordering the briefcase you want in a color that’s out of stock in store.
- Checking-in—checking in at your hotel, spa, or vacation excursion.
- Informative displays—answering FAQs or filling out paperwork.
Directories And Wayfinding
One of the many downsides to traditional printed maps and directories is that they are flat, which can make finding your way around confusing. Upgrading to digital display solutions empowers you to create a 3D or 4D directory. So instead of color-coded squares and numbers, your digital display can create a lifelike virtual rendering of your mall, hotel, spa, or medical facility.
Consider using an interactive touchscreen so that shoppers and guests can zoom in and out to get a better idea of where they are going. Or personalize the directory search with beacon technology. Think beyond traditional brick and mortar locations to digital wayfinding during outdoor events, hiking trails, theaters, concert and stadium seating, and more.
Virtual Dressing Rooms
Not everyone likes to try on clothing, which is why an increasing number of retailers are adding virtual dressing rooms to the mix. This is one of many digital display solutions that utilize a mix of artificial intelligence, virtual reality software, and cameras. VR dressing rooms empower shoppers to see what a top, pants, or full outfit will look like on them. Combine this technology with 360-degree mirrors and shoppers can virtually view the outfit from all angles.
Cross-Selling Digital Display Solutions
If you don’t have the space or budget for a virtual dressing room, consider a cross-selling display. These digital display solutions also utilize artificial intelligence but in a different manner than VR dressing rooms.
Here are a few possibilities:
- Consumers can scan the barcode of a skirt to find what sizes are in stock and what other colors it comes in.
- Consumers can scan the barcode of a blouse for suggestions on what to pair it with, such as a skirt and cardigan.
- Consumers can scan the barcode of one or more items to see what they look like together on a virtual model.
- Consumers can scan the bar code of one or more items for suggestions on a fully accessorized look including shoes, handbag, and jewelry.
- And more!
Product-Specific Digital Display Solutions
This is a popular sales solution for technology, electronics, and other products that require unboxing. The concept is similar to watching a YouTube unboxing video but it’s more effective.
For example, a customer is considering purchasing a remote-controlled helicopter at your brick-and-mortar location. Even if there is an unboxed helicopter on display, they can’t fly it around the store. By adding a mid-sized digital display to the shelf or endcap, customers can watch instructional videos.
Take things one step further with a touchscreen display that allows shoppers to compare and contrast different helicopters, scroll through images, videos, and FAQs, and browse upsell items such as a stylized carrying case.
Video walls are a high-impact way to create engaging displays. They can take up an entire wall or a large section of a wall. This could be an indoor billboard or a series of smaller screens. Smaller screens can link together to create one oversized image, a series of oversized images, or each screen can display a different image.
Video walls are ideal for:
- Creating a life-size rendering of your vehicle that you can display in a 360-degree video.
- Displaying the top sellers from your current clothing line or featuring the same blouse stylized in a variety of different ways.
- Sharing image-only or audio videos of product demos or how your product can be utilized in real-life.
- Showing a live or pre-recorded concert, play, musical, sporting event, or special event in a more immersive manner.
Upgraded Interior And Exterior Signage
Last but certainly not least, you can upgrade your existing static signs to digital signs. This will instantly increase visibility, even after the sun goes down. It also empowers you to alternate a larger range of messages. With digital, you may even be able to reuse many of your signs.
If you have the space, especially for exterior signs, consider layering more than one sign—including an ID cabinet for your logo. Standard black frames aren’t your only option, so consider a custom frame and mount.
In addition to upgrading your current signs, consider adding a text-only scrolling sign to your storefront window.
Looking For Custom Digital Display Solutions?
If you’re in the market for LED signs, we invite you to reach out to Mega LED Technology. Our signs are custom-built from scratch for your individual needs. Get your free quote today!