Have you noticed that many of the churches, mosques, synagogues, and worship centers in your area have upgraded to digital signs? Wondering where you can get one too? Mega LED Technology specializes in Church LED signs. We are the go-to digital church sign maker for congregations across North America. Here are the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions regarding church signs.
What’s Wrong With Our Changeable Letter Sign?
Your changeable letter sign may be effective, but it can’t compete with digital. Backlit letter signs can share holiday wishes, scripture, and uplifting quotes. However, they are limited in many ways:
- They aren’t as durable as LEDs.
- The signs must be manually changed.
- As they age they begin to look dingy and dirty.
- You can only post one short message.
- They aren’t as energy-efficient as LEDs.
What Are My LED Sign Options?
Your options truly are endless, but let’s cover the basics:
- Your new sign can be designed in any square or rectangular shape.
- You can purchase a text-only sign in single, tri, or full color.
- Text-only signs have 38 character functions, 32 special effects, and over 300 stored animations.
- HD signs can post text and crystal-clear images and videos and have over a billion colors.
- You can have a stylized LED backlit logo sign/ID cabinet designed.
- You can order one sign or layer multiple signs. Maybe an ID cabinet layered over a full HD sign. Or an ID cabinet layered over a scrolling sign to share daily scripture.
- Your signs can be one or two-sided to face traffic in both directions.
Can I Just Purchase A Sign Locally?
They look a lot like a TV screen, so you may be hoping that you can just pop in a local electronics store or head online to order a ready-made LED sign. However, your new sign must be custom-built. While there are some standard square and rectangular sizes that we can suggest, we build to your exact size. We also build with the internal components required for your local weather. Last but not least, we customize your frame and base.
We invite you to take a look at some of the church signs we’ve designed!
Are They Worth Their Price?
There’s a reason why we are a go-to digital church sign maker, because digital is highly effective. Most churches and worship centers utilize their signs to rapidly increase their engagement. This includes the engagement of their members as well as the community.
Your new sign will be at least $3,000. It will cost more if you want a two-sided sign, if you layer more than one sign, and if the sign has full HD capabilities. Many churches start with a budget that is closer to $10,000.
Instead of posting a message, quote, or scripture that you swap out each week—you can preschedule daily messaging. Most churches layer 2 signs, using one just for scripture and the second for images, videos, and visually engaging messages.
How Is My New Sign Installed?
We’re not just a church sign maker, as our prices include installation, your custom frame, and custom base. Interior signs may not need a frame or base depending on where they will be placed. Depending on the size of your new screen, you may be able to mount it to the studs of the wall. However, we may need to explore other mounting options to ensure that your sign is secure.
Exterior signs can be mounted to the side of a building or will need to be mounted on a pole, pedestal, or custom brick or masonry base. The pole or pedestal can be coated to match your logo colors. The brick or masonry can match your building or be designed in a clean and modern style. Your sign can also have a standard square or rectangular frame or the frame can be stylized.
Where Should I Place My New Sign?
Most worship centers upgrade their current roadways sign with 1 to 3 layered digital signs. However, you may want to post signs in more than one location:
- Along the roadway
- At your entrance
- In your lobby
- As your gift shop price list
- As your coffee shop price list
- Placed to improve viewing during your services
- And more!
What Should I Post On My New Church Sign?
This is where things get fun! With your current changeable letter sign, all you can post is a line or two of text. Now, the sky’s the limit.
Here are just a few of your options:
- The dates of your upcoming bake sales, craft fairs, and special events.
- How to purchase tickets to your holiday concert or play.
- The date and time of your weekly services
- Inspirational scriptures and quotes.
- Humorous holiday-themed sayings and quotes.
- Images and videos of past events.
- Reasons to give thanks and be grateful.
- Lyrics to secular and non-secular holiday songs.
- Welcome and send-off messages for your congregation.
- Welcome and send-off messages for wedding parties, conferences, and guests who’ve rented your church.
- Community outreach and how to get involved—toy drive, food drive, coat drive, holiday meals, etc.
- And more!
Who Will Post The Messages And Graphics To My New Sign?
Your new sign comes with intuitive software that empowers you and your team to update the text, add preloaded graphics, and upload new images, graphics, and videos. You can also preschedule signs days, weeks, or months in advance—and update the sign rotation in real-time. This includes how long each upload will be displayed on the screen.
Where you may need assistance is with sign design, video production, and image editing. Reach out to your congregation to inquire if anyone is a graphic designer or excels in image and video production. You can also use online digital sign software or hire a sign designer.
Ready To Have Your New Church Sign Designed?
If you are ready to work with Mega LED Technology as your digital sign maker or would like to learn more—reach out today for questions or a free quote!