Whether you’re here for a laugh, need some ideas or are interested in purchasing church signs. We scoured the internet and found 102 of the funniest, most clever, and interesting ways to keep your congregation engaged, or inspire new members to inquire about the community with funny church signs. (Click on the images to see the originals).
1. I danced like no one was watching and now I’m on YouTube.
2. Remember that Jesus is never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down.
3. Lettuce be kind, squash gossip, turnip for church.
4. We love hurting people.
5. Bored? Try a missionary position.
6. I will always love you. Sincerely, Whitney, Dolly, and God.
7. Life is ugly, get a faith lift.
8. No one ever talks about Jesus’s miracle of having 12 close friends in his 30s.
9. Staying in bed shouting ‘oh God’ doesn’t constitute going to church.
10. Too hot to keep changing sign. Sin bad, Jesus good. Details inside.
11. There are some things that can’t be answered by Google.
12. Santa clause never died for anyone.
13. Whoever stole our AC units keep it, it is hot where you’re going.
14. To err is human. To ‘Arrr’ is pirate.
15. Bacon is 73% fat and super salty. Me too, bacon, me too.
16. Hipster, Jesus loved you before you were cool.
17. Dear weather. Stop showing off. We get it, you’re hot.
18. Inflation hasn’t affected the price of salvation.
19. If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
20. The best gift a mother can give is time spent on her knees.
21. Best sausage supper in St. Louis. Come and eat Pastor Thomas Ressler.
22. Pollen: when flowers don’t keep it in their plants.
23. Gardening for God brings peas of mind.
24. Pretend it’s Easter and come back this Sunday.
25. These gas prices are why the armies in revelation are riding horses.
26. Silly rabbit, Easter is for Jesus.
27. You can’t keep a good man down. Happy Easter!
28. If you have to gamble, bet on the man riding the donkey.
29. Not needed in heaven: clock, doc, lock, glock, H&R Block.
30. How does Moses make tea? He brews it.
31. Skip rope not church.
32. Where did Noah put the woodpeckers?
33. If the earth was flat cats would push everything off it.
34. We have the best coffee! Jesus is here too!
35. Volunteers needed to help relocate our choir loft. We need an organ transplant!
36. Football is over, get back to church.
37. Luck of the Irish? Nah, faith in Jesus.
38. Pastors feed and lead, members swallow and follow.
39. If you are praying for snow, please stop!
40. Prevent truth decay. Brush up on your bible!
41. Men wanted to sin in our choirs Monday nights.
42. Sorry for the lack of new funny signs. The sign guy discovered TikTok.
43. Tis the season to be freezing!
44. Egg hunts are proof that kids can find things when they really want to.
45. Fire inside. Come get lit.
46. A loose tongue often gets into tight spots.
47. God, grant me the serenity to accept the terms and conditions I did not read.
48. At this point, Jesus doesn’t need to take the wheel…he needs to pull over and spank some of y’all with his flip flop.
49. Exercise daily. Run from Satan, walk with God.
50. God’s favorite word is come.
51. Hello world…what are we offended by today?
52. If Mary is the mother of Jesus, and Jesus is the Lamb of God, does that mean Mary had a little lamb?
53. Wash your hands and say your prayers, Jesus and germs are everywhere.
54. This too shall pass. It might pass like a kidney stone but it’s gonna pass.
55. Jesus loves you snow much!
56. I had my patience tested, I’m negative.
57. Tis the season for stretch pants!
58. Jesus is the gift you won’t return.
59. Midnight mass and toga party B.Y.O.B.J (bring your own baby Jesus)
60. Essential oils are what drip from pepperoni pizza.
61. Thanks fall, my muffin top is now a pumpkin roll.
62. Then Satan said, “put the alphabet in math”.
63. Being Christian means not hating. We know—it makes football season hard.
64. God doesn’t show favoritism, but our sign guy does. Go cubs!
65. Wanna taco bout Jesus? He can soften your hard shell. Come in and lettuce party.
66. The Devil’s trick is no treat.
67. This church is like a Snickers—sweet with a few nuts.
68. May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolutions.
69. Hunting for ghosts? We’ve got one. It’s holy!
70. Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.
71. Before there was Twitter there were church signs.
72. If you’re a fan of Stranger Things you should try a church potluck.
73. ‘friend’ Jesus: look him up on faithbook.
74. Bring your sin to the alter and drop it like it’s hot.
75. With all this rain we need an ark. Fear not! We Noah guy.
76. My wife rearranged the labels on our spice rack. I haven’t confronted her yet, but the thyme is cumin.
77. Gossip is the devil’s radio. Are you his DJ?
78. I don’t like this virus. I wanted Zombies!
79. Our 2nd favorite King James is Lebron.
80. Feeling hot? We’re prayer conditioned!
81. Sign guy on vacation. Just pretend it says something witty.
82. Do you know what hell is? Come listen to our preacher!
83. Mayo light shine for Jesus.
84. It’s summer. Enjoy the sonshine!
85. Swallowing pride will never give you indigestion.
86. Common sense is a flower that doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden.
87. Jesus—he’ll be there for you.
88. Christian singles be like: Username: psalmbodytolove
89. Her nickname is mom, but her full name is mom, mom, mom, mom. Happy Mother’s Day!
90. Cremation is your last chance for a smoking hot body.
91. I was going to waste but Jesus recycled me.
92. Tomb for sale, slightly used.
93. Laughing is good exercise—like jogging on the inside.
94. If you fall, I will be there—Sincerely, floor.
95. All I need today is a little March Madness and a whole lot of Jesus.
96. I wish Noah had swatted those two mosquitos.
97. Lent, a time to examine your selfie.
98. Moses—the first person with a tablet downloading data from the cloud.
99. Looking for Mr. Right? He is here and this is his house!
100. Do you think Rick Astley struggles with lent?
101. Sometimes you’re a windshield, sometimes you’re a bug.
102. #DadJokes. I’ll call you later. Don’t call me later. Call me Dad.
As you can see, the humorous church sign sayings above are a mix of changeable letter signs and LED signs. While changeable letter signs are still highly effective, you can say more, more often with a digital sign. If you are looking to upgrade your church signs—we invite you to reach out to Mega LED Technology today!
Did you find some have funny church signs examples of your own, or have your church sign displaying a funny message? Send it to our webmaster, and you can be featured on this article! We’ll even send you a backlink to your website, so anyone interested in your sign can get a more detailed look at your church!